The Democratic National Convention began last night and boy was it good! I was glued to APT (Alabama Public Television) all night. Maybe that's why Lucas fell asleep about 8:00. It's a good thing, too, because he definitely would have made fun of me crying at the t.v. over speeches. But, in my defense, they were pretty darn good speeches.So Teddy was first. Now, I do honor and respect Ted Kennedy but he also has a shaky past that I've never quite gotten past (can you say 'Chappaquiddick'?). But to see him back, giving such a great speech, so invigorated given all that he has been going through was really quite awe-inspiring and made me inch my way toward the Obama train (as some of you might recall I was aboard the Hillary train when we crashed in burning flames).
Well if I wasn't aboard the O Train I sure am now after listening to Michelle Obama. What an amazing woman she is! I love their family. Why was I crying during her speech? I don't know. But it was a nice moment I had on the couch by myself, Lucas in the chair next to me asleep, and the t.v. glowing in the dark family room. I loved hearing her gush about her husband and about how he drove 5 mph home from the hospital when their first girl was born. They really are just parents - caring for their children and doing whatever it takes to provide for them. Just like their parents, just like my parents, and just like the parent I hope to be and many of you probably had or are to your children now. Does that make sense? Anyway, Michelle said her focus is on the country, the world that her children will grow up in and she needs to make the best decision for their future. With Barack Obama at our lead I feel confident that we can restore the American spirit and dream and my children will have a bright future.
So there you have it - I'm an Obama girl now! And this is just the first day of the convention. My girl Hillary is tonight. I hope she doesn't screw this up too bad.
I did have Rafa there watching the convention with me. And he was wearing the brand new bandanna I bought for him and playing with his new toy.
See, I told you yesterday his new treats were more for me than him. I have been scoping out this Democratic dog gear at Pet Smart for quite some time but just couldn't bring myself to pay $6 for a chew toy. When we went in on Saturday they had all of their Halloween dog toys out and the patriotic dog toys on sale.... for $1.97 each. Yay! (Big Surprise - they were out of all the elephants, not that I would've bought one. I wonder why so many Democratic toys were left in Alabama? Haha! Rhetorical question.) So Rafa got new gear just in time for the political season! I'm sure he loves it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment