Thursday, September 4, 2008

Do the Chicken Dance!

Last night, Lucas met me at the tennis courts when I was finishing up a 3-setter (that did not go my way, how sad). He complained that he was out of milk and cereal so (being the good wife that I am) I agreed to stop by Kroger on the way home and pick it up for him. He decided to tag along. Every time I am at Kroger I stop by the meat department because often there are some good sales to be had... but never in my life have I seen a sale like this. Lucas was the first to spot it and called me over. You won't believe what I'm about to tell you. Are you seated??? You better be!

Kroger had their boneless, skinless chicken breasts for.....
99 Cents per pound!!!!!!!

I swear to you, I felt like I won the lottery. Is that sad? So I racked up. How much did I get?


18 Packs!!! Each pack is about 2.5 pounds. That is about 45 pounds of chicken!

While I was running this morning I was having buyer's remorse - that I didn't get more! So, after my run I headed straight to Krogers and got the LAST 3 packages that were left! If you are counting, that is about 52 pounds of chicken for the low, low price of - you guessed it - $52!!!! Wow!

Yes, I am not going to share some with my parents and grandparents but I think we're set on chicken for a while! You know how they always tell you how much you have saved using your Kroger Plus Card??? The lady about fell out when she told me how much I saved - $170! Wow!

By the way, I called my mom and she rushed right over to her Kroger and there was no such sale. I'm guessing this was either an in-store special or a really big mess-up that I capitalized on! So don't go off rushing to Kroger now looking for 99 cent chicken. But when you are there - you better always go check out that meat department. You never know what deals you might find!

So if anyone wants to come over for dinner guess what we'll be serving?

**insert the funky chicken dance here**



No comments: