Mom's Sesame Chicken
"I took one pack of boneless chicken breast and cut up the chicken into small chunks. Next, you put it in an egg/milk wash for a few seconds and dust it in flour....then fry. (you could always do that part earlier or the day before if you were having company) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix equal parts (I used 3-4 tablespoons) of honey, ketchup, soy or terriyaki sauce, sesame oil. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional), tablespoon or two of sugar and a little salt and pepper. When the chicken is done, wipe out your skillet and put the chicken back in it. Add sauce, let it sit until warm. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds (found in spice section of grocery store) and serve." - Mom
Also, I made a big bowl of Lucas's favorite pasta salad. Guess what I'm having for lunch?!?
This one is easy. I just threw some red onions, green bell peppers, and cheese crumbles into some rotini and mixed with zesty Italian dressing. You can mix whatever you like though.
We also bought a watermelon from the nice farmer who sells fruits and vegetables at the end of our road. $5 for a fresh, homegrown watermelon. You can't beat that! (At least not until my dad's garden starts yielding some fresh, homegrown watermelons for free! Right dad?)
And, as a finale I made brownies last night. How awful of me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment