.... with no photos. I need to do better job about this whole picture taking thing.
My Mom came over Saturday and gave me my first sewing lesson!! We went to the fabric store and found several patterns and some material to work with. I picked out some gender neutral corduroy to make these cute little overalls and a jacket. Then, I got scared to mess up the corduroy on my first attempt at sewing so we bought some cotton fabric for the first go around.
Let me just tell you - I love sewing! It is so much fun!! We got everything finished except for the snaps between the legs (for easy diaper changing) and the little leg bands at the bottom to finish it up. But the top of the little overalls are so cute with a pocket and buttons! I'm so proud.
We were planning on finishing up Sunday morning - when I was going to take a pic - but realized we needed snap tape and no one around here has it. So we'll probably have to order it online or sew in little snaps individually. When we finish it up I'll definitely get a picture.
Just for kicks, here is a photo of me opening up my birthday present from my parents...
Later Saturday night we met up with some of Lucas's old college friends who were visiting from out of town. We ate some delicious Mexican (my favorite) and then visited a little longer at a patio bar (so no smoke for the baby). We stayed out til almost 1:00 a.m. I couldn't believe I made it! Needless to say, I slept in Sunday morning.
On Sunday we decided to experiment with dog grooming since Rafa's groomers didn't have an opening for 3 weeks. Poor thing needed a hair cut! So off to PetSmart to buy all the tools and then we gave it our best shot. I'm not sure how successful we were but at least he is feeling better now I would imagine. I'll get a shot of our work on here soon. Definitely don't want to forget this. Haha!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend! Glad you enjoyed sewing! I've always wanted to learn but I'm not very patient with things like that.
I am so impressed, I can't sew to save me life, seriously I need a lesson bad!! Happy belated Birthday!
I so want to learn to sew. I just don't have one to teach me, and I don't think I could even make clothes if I tried. I'd have to start out with some like trhow pillows. I also have no clue what kind of sewing machine to buy. Any tips or ideas for me? Could I learn how to sew by watching a youtube video? That's how I learnd to crochet? Very anxious to learn!!
Great gift!!! I love sewing too, but I have the HARDEST time getting the sewing machine threaded! To the point that I don't think I've touched it in about a year... Any hints? :)
Look at you nesting already! How cute!
what a cute blog !!!!
Just found your blog and wanted to say hi! I love it so far!
I totally want to learn to sew one day and I'm excited to see what you made!
Anyway, great blog!
i am glad your first attempt at sweing you had an expert with you. i have always "attempted" by myself. I now NOTHING about fabric types, sewing etc. I always try to get the "sewing for dummies" patterns, hehehe. So far I have sewn about 4 HAlloween customes (Str. shtcake, Miss, America, Wolf Boy, and Bride of Frankie). I have also mad 2 dresses for easter. those came with a pattern for a handbag, so while I was in the mood, i made my daughter SIX handbags... she still loves them... oh, and can't wait to see the pooch. i am envisioning you guys using the "flowbee" on her! hhahaha!
How cute is your little travel case for your machine?!? love it!
Post a Comment