So I did want to briefly run down the events of 2008's State Tournament. Amy and I traveled to Mobile over the weekend for our team's state tournament. There was a little rain, a little more drinking, and a lot of tennis. All in all we had a great trip.
I went 4-1. I lost my last match of the tournament to a player from Birmingham. I definitely should have beaten her and I can come up with many, many reasons (not excuses) that things ended the way they did but in the end I am happy I lost that last match. Perhaps it was my sacrifice match to keep me at 4.0. I hope I'm safe.
Amy played well throughout the tournament, too. However, she did have one major conflict throughout the tournament. This girl from Tuscaloosa was being completely rude to Amy throughout the match but nothing too out of the ordinary. Amy was the last court on, I had just finished my match, and we were all on the sidelines watching. Then, out of nowhere, after a point was finished this girl yells at Amy "Don't look at me! It was back." I couldn't believe how rude it was. And you know me, I'm all talk. So this really gets me going. We are sitting on the bleachers with our team and her team and I yell out "What a bitchy thing to say!" That definitely got the attention of her team but they knew I was right. Amy ends up losing the match in a third set tie-breaker. I really wish she would've won but guess what this girl did next..... you will never guess it in a million years. Amy goes to shake her hand and the girl takes Amy by the hand and literally tries to pull her over the net. I have never seen such awful behavior EVER! So, of course, I'm all fired up. The girl walks by me to go report her score and tell her that her actions were completely unacceptable. Then, I decide to take things a bit further and report her to the umpire. This is physical abuse we are talking about.... and this is WOMENS tennis! Come on people! So, in the end, the girl is trying to apologize to me. I tell her I don't want her apology and make her promise to never act out like that again and to apologize to Amy. I still can't believe it at this moment that she would do such a thing! She tries to apologize to Amy but then follows it with a "BUT" and Amy told her to get out of her face and never speak to her or touch her again. You go, Amy! I still can't believe it!
Anyway, Amy and I headed to Pensacola Beach after our match Saturday morning and lay out on the beach for a few hours. It happened to be Latin Fest so that was pretty cool! Then we met my good friend Carrie at their camper on the bay! I miss Carrie so much. It was great to see her! We went back to the beaches that night, ate at Crabs, and went to Bamboo Willies. We stayed with her at their camper that night and drove back to good ole' Alabama on Sunday morning.
Sunday night Lucas and I went to Hartselle for Father's Day and had some good Asian Buffet and then desert at my grandparent's house. Then, Monday came and we're back to work as usual.
Also, yesterday the foundation people were back at the house and now our house is level again! Well, as level as it is going to get I suppose. Now it is time to really start working on the house again. Lucas said we can start installing our new base boards and trim work again. I'm ready to start making progress!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment