Thursday, July 30, 2009

12 Weeks

12 weeks is almost 3 months!! I still have 2 more weeks to go until the 2nd trimester, and I'm definitely ready for that transition. I want the morning sickness, dizziness, and all the other little side effects (that I am happily enduring as a sign that baby is still happy and healthy inside me) to end and the baby bump to arrive.

I need to figure out just how I should be doing these baby belly pictures. But until I figure that out, here is one I've snapped on my computer... so that you can see that I have a tiny little bump but nothing much to write home about just yet.


Mind you, I wasn't a washboard to begin with my six pack is now hidden.

I'm ready for the protruding baby bump, though. I'm glad I've written those words so that one day a few months from now when I'm complaining about the large, protruding baby bump I can look back on my words and be at least somewhat thankful for the bump.... maybe.

And so you can see my pregnancy glow....


I'm feeling it. I really am. And when I have the energy, I bask in it!

16 comments:

Lynette said...

Stopping in from SITS and saw your happy news - congrats!!

That baby bump will come soon enough - trust me! Enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE. of this - it will fly past and before you know it you'll be holding your little one!!

Stop by my blog if you get a chance and enter my first ever giveaway - you might find a couple of things for your baby or even you!!

http://lynetteslam.blogspot.com/2009/07/xpres-urself-etsy-style.html

Multiple personalities.. said...

Popping over from SITS...

Congratulations!! Now that all the morning sickness and other not-so-great side effects of pregnancy have passed, you just get to have fun being pregnant. Keep us posted on your progress soon-to-be-mama!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness, where have I been. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. How exciting!!!

kapeck said...

You look great! The bump will soon come...(it comes even sooner the next go round!!!). I hope the yucky feeling goes soon & your energy comes back.

Cassie said...

You look wonderful. During the first trimester, I was a hot mess LOL. I don't think I got out of my pj's for 3 months.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

You're so cute!!!

I have followed this guy Ryan for about a year now...he did the most amazing belly shots of his wife. Here is a link to his blog...check out the maternity series.

http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

So cute girly!
You have that glow and you beautiful!! :)

Sunny said...

I think you look great! I can imagine that you want the baby bump to show - I would too! It makes it more "real" to me. I so can't wait to hear what you guys are having. Keep pics coming so we can follow your progress!

Megan said...

You are so cute! Oh my gosh. Hang in there, you're almost through the sick part. I always felt great during the second trimester--hopefully you're feeling great soon. I laughed so hard about your six-pack. You're so cute.

Ashley said...

Thanks, Betty! I'm now a subscriber to his blog and love those belly shots. I may try to make my own version of his belly shots... of course they won't look near as good b/c we aren't professionals. But I love the idea of writing about the week with the photo. How cherished these would be!!! I'm making my game plan now. Haha!

Julie said...

yeah, that is so great! I am sorry about the sickness, but the little one is so worth it :)

Kimberly @ Seriously Daisies said...

I'm so happy for you girl!! The second trimester was AWESOME!!! Now that I've started the third, I'm slowly developing a new list of complaints, lol! And yes, my growing belly that I so very much wanted is started to really bug me, haha!

If only it wasn't so hot, I miss my AC! :o(

Can't wait to hear more as your pregnancy progresses!

Rachel said...

You look so cute! Being pregnant is SUCH fun!!

Heather said...

Congratulations! Sorry it's been so long since I've been by; been working a lot this summer, and just haven't been as faithful at blogging...

You look adorable, and I can't wait to watch you "bloom"!

EmmaP said...

oh, you so DO have that pregancy glow! i am so jealous! i was so sick with all 3 of my pregnancies and I NEVER had that glow. I never told anyone I was pregnant (not even my parents) until I hit 3 mos. and I was sooo sick that it was really hard to keep it a secret too. and do you think anyone ever said, "Something's different about you; you're glowing"? nope. It was ALWAYS, "Are you ok? You look really, really tired... or sick". hahaha! I am sooo glad you are able to bask in your glow!

J & M Nelson said...

You look great!