Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More Nursery Progress

The men were hard at work this weekend and made more progress on the nursery. Lucas and I painted the walls for a second time (the first color was too pink). This color is just what I had in mind! Lucas says it is still pink, not lavender. I disagree. And he is a boy so what does he know?!?

After the paint situation was taken care of, the men could put up the chair rail and finish up the baseboards. It is looking amazing, if I do say so myself. Nice work, Dad, Granddaddy, and Papaw!



We have to sand the caulk down from the seams and put a second coat on everything. We also still need to put up new blinds, new outlet/switch covers, and replace the old closet doors. Once those boring manly things are taken care of, we can get to work on the fun parts of nursery decorating: putting together the furniture, making the curtains and bedding, and getting started on a headboard project I have planned for the daybed. I'll also be able to put all of Lily's things back in her closet and sort through all her new goodies!

I keep telling myself we have plenty of time to get things done, but time is ticking and Lily will be here in less than 3 months. The holidays are going to eat up much of the next 2 months so we better get to work!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's great! I love the beadboard. It's going to be gorgeous!!

Sunny said...

Amazing how fast time is flying by, huh?! I love the beadboard!

J & M Nelson said...

Looks great!!!